Thursday, October 10, 2013

One Room Challenge Week Two

So excited to be linking with Linda from Calling It Home
on week two of her One Room Challenge!
 
Join In
 
See here for my week one post!
 
And here is my progress during the last week...
 

Wallpaper is stripped!
My #2 and I did it in one night after dinner...fortunately it came down easily.
I am having serious trauma in selecting my paint color...
I want something bright, but everything is looking neon green on the wall.
I have had five different Benjamin Moore colors and don't like any of them!
Any suggestions for a soft, but bright green that is muted and not neon...LOL?
Here is what this bathroom looks like without the lights on...a cave.
 
I also decided the ceiling needs painting, and of course we had a few "oops" while
stripping the wallpaper (which appeared to have been put up right on to the dry wall).
Looks like Sweet D will be in on this project doing a little dry wall repair!
I decided on a plantation shutter for the window...I love it!
I was hoping to have the bathroom painted before the shutter was installed,
but I could not select a paint color in time.
 Mason Jar Soap Dispenser with Metal Stainless Pump - Clear Pint Jar Lotion Bottle - Ball Mason Canning Jar
I have ordered two of these adorable mason jar soap dispensers for the vanity
from the Etsy shop Industrial Rewind
Custom Quatrefoil Shower Curtain-Navy Blue and White OR Choose Colors-Standard & Extra long sizes available
I also ordered this dark navy blue quatrefoil shower curtain
from the Etsy shop Gathered Nest Designs
DELTA 3-Light Chrome Bathroom Vanity Light
I have selected this light fixture from Lowes for above each sink.
 
Delta Leland Chrome 2-Handle 4-in Centerset WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet (Drain Included)
I am going with this Delta faucet from Lowes as well.
I know the brushed nickel finish is more "in style" right now,
but I like the bright clean look of the chrome.
 
This week I MUST choose my paint color and then paint...
at least I can start on the ceiling while deciding on the green!
 
Some other details I will be working on in the next week are
shopping for rugs and towels,
selecting crystal knobs for the vanity,
and ordering a frame for the bathroom mirror.
 
Please check out these fabulous design bloggers who are participating in
the One Room Challenge
as well as all of the fabulous bloggers who are linking up!
 
Chinoiserie Chic 
 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

14 comments :

Nancy said...

you might look at SW Shagreen to see if you like it. we used it in our bar area and on the back of our bookshelves. its like you said soft and muted but definitely green. good luck!

Andrea said...

Your bathroom is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!! For the paint, you might try "Hanging Vine" by Mythic Paint https://www.mythicpaint.com/ColorPaletteDetails.aspx?ID=21 Skyla over at Sanity Fair used it for her apartment - http://sfair.blogspot.com/2012/04/sanity-fair-on-apartment-therapy.html - and I think it is the perfect shade of preppy "Kate Spade Green!"

Unknown said...

I used a green in a bath in our previous home...called Carolina Green and it was beautiful. Can't remember if it was from Lowes or Home Depot...

I can't wait to see your progression...those shutters are perfect and the mason jars, so sweet!

The Second Half said...

Looks great! The more I read your posts the more I think we must be the same person in 2 different places!

Simply LKJ said...

Try to find a green with a little less yellow in it. That might help it appear not so neon. My girls have the same light fixture (or very similar) in their bathroom. Love the shutters.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Loving your shutters and good luck with the green! It's a tricky color to get right sometimes.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love the shutters! I HATE picking out paint colors. I am the worst at it. I'm sure you'll find the perfect one. Love the shower curtain!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love your accessories. Good luck with the paint, I'm no help in that department. The shutters are great. Hang in there.

C a i t l i n said...

Green is a challenge but you'll end up with something unique and fun when you get it right. Good luck.

Jenny Beth said...

I have the perfect green for you. I had the same problem with the ben moore colors. I actually found a valspar color, i think valspar. but the color is called bayou shade. light bright, yellow and grey undertones so cool and bright without being limey. google it and let me know what you think!! good luck. it will come together quickly. love finding new blogs via these linky parties!

Vel Criste said...

Love the fixtures you've chosen already! finding the right green is tricky, what kind of light do you have in the space anyway? I suggest you go add the new fixtures with the correct bulb then look at your colors again. Good luck!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I love your plan. Green walls with that fab shower curtain is going to look great. And I know what you mean, green is a hard color when it comes to paint. My dining room used to be green and it took forever to find the right color. I kind of like the swatch you have to the right of the window?

Improvement List said...

Oh, I feel your pain. Paint is so hard for me to pick. I struggle with imagining if a tiny patch of paint will look right in the whole room. I am sure you will come up with the perfect green. Good luck!

slip4 said...

I recently found your blog through another (Small and Chic in Cville, maybe?) I am also in Richmond so I love finding local blogs to follow. I used Benjamin Moore's Pale Sea Mist on my sunroom wall and love the color. It goes well with other greens (nothing sage-y though) and I often get asked for the name. Good luck!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine