Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Room Challenge Week Four

Linking with Linda from Calling It Home,
for week four of the One Room Challenge!
 
This week my focus was the light fixtures.
I finally found a fixture that I did not hate
and one that did not have globes that would hang over the mirror.
Here is what I ended up with....
 

In keeping with the "nothing is easy" theme,
my sweet husband went to install them
 and the "box" was recessed too far into the wall to hang them.
One more trip to Lowes later and a few spacers later,
and he had them installed along with the bathroom hardware.
 
I am very happy with the color (which is very hard to photograph)
and am excited for the shower curtain to arrive!
I got an email yesterday that it shipped!
 
Here is a picture with a hand towel in the same pattern and color as the shower curtain...
 
Love it!
 
My to do list for the next week:
1. Order mirror frame
2. Shop for rugs and towels
3. Purchase and install faucets
 
Please make sure to visit Linda and check out all of the others who are linking up
as well as the fabulous designers who are participating!
 

 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

10 comments :

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

It looks great! I am at the finishing stretch of my kitchen update and then I need to tackle the guest bath :-)

Unknown said...

Love the quatrefoil towel, excited to see the shower curtain! You're rollin' right along, can't wait to see the final reveal!

Nancy said...

looking good! your husband totally rocks for knowing how to do that kind of stuff. love the geometric towel :) cant wait to see the new mirror frame. we did that in all our bathrooms and the improvement was 1000% :)

Unknown said...

Why is it that things seldom get installed easily the first time around? I can totally relate!
It's looking great! Love the bright color.

Renee @ http://CasaStephensInteriors.com

Simply LKJ said...

It looks so good! Green and Navy are my favorite color combo!! I might have missed it, but where did you find the hand towel?

Andrea said...

So fabulous, and I love that towel!! I must learn more about these spacers... our electrician put the box for one of our master fixtures totally off center, and it cannot be moved because the mirror was already cut to size. :( I wonder if a spacer would solve the problem? Your husband is so handy!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You say 'noting is easy' I say 'everything takes three trips'...yup! Well it looks great and the pattern on the towel is fantastic. It's a bit of work, but have you tried to put a lamp in the room or hall when you take a picture? It looks as though it might be a lighting issue. You are almost there.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Nothing is ever easy for us either. That's when my husband pulls out his colorful vocabulary. The bathroom looks great! So bright and cheery.

Carol said...

Oh I so understand things not being easy - my hubs has a tendency to pull out the "good" language then too! LOL! The room is coming together.

SHERRY HART said...

HIgh five to your husband....can't wait to see the shower curtain!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine