Thursday, October 31, 2013

One Room Challenge Week Five

Linking with Linda from Calling It Home
and it's already week five of the One Room Challenge !
 
If this is your first time to visit, here are my previous weeks
 
My shower curtain came this week and I was able to shop for the rugs and towels!
Here is the shower curtain close up...
It is a bright navy blue, which is exactly what I was hoping for.
The pattern is a little larger than I expected, but I like it. 
Found towels at Macy's in the same shade of navy blue as the shower curtain,
and I plan to monogram them in white....or do you think I should do them in lime green?
  
Here are the coordinating rugs to the towels, so they are the exact same shade.
Can you see the stripe in them? I had to order these online and they are not what I ordered.
Not sure I like the stripes...what do you think?
They are not terribly noticeable.
I definitely want the rugs, towels, and shower curtain to be the same shade of blue.
Here is the rug up close....I will probably just live with it.
 
Totally forgot to think about artwork....what do you hang in a bathroom?

I shopped my house and found this Chinese Peasant Print that my mother
brought me from Hong Kong many years ago...it matches perfectly.
 
Virginia mom had an idea to find a few prints of the kids in the bathtub when they were babies,
and frame them in one of those long rectangular frames with three openings for photos.
I think I will try this using black and white photos.

Here is the progress in patching the giant holes next to the light fixtures...
 
This is the third round of spackle...D will be home this weekend and I know he will
finish it for me if I ask him to...which I will.
 
I am still having difficulty photographing the true color of green in the bathroom.
Linda gave me some ideas I will try for the final reveal next week.
Here is a picture of the green in natural light....still does not photograph as the true color...
but it is more accurate that the bright neon green in the above photos.
 
I am doubtful that I am actually going to finish the bathroom by next week.
While I have LOVED participating in the ORC,
it was probably a really bad idea for me to take on a project
during the most insanely busiest time of the year for me.
This time of year I am prone to meltdowns...and tantrums....and lots of sleepless nights,
but I am glad I participated, and the kids love how the bathroom is turning out.
I'm doing the best that I can.
At least I keep telling myself I am...even if I don't feel like it.
 
On my to do list this week....
Frame Mirror (doubtful it will arrive before next week)
Change knobs on vanity (#3 can handle this project for me)
New faucets (may not be in budget)
Spray paint wicker wastebasket navy blue (delegated to Virginia dad)
Frame bath photos of kids (first I have to FIND some)
Monogram towels (white or green?)
 
Please visit these amazing bloggers who are participating in Linda's
One Room Challenge
as well as all those who are linking
 
 
 
 
 
 





 



 
 

 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

9 comments :

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

You are down to the fun details now - don't worry about the reveal by next week - I look forward to seeing it whenever you finish :-)

Nancy said...

if you don't like the rugs you bought you might try this one from target :)
http://www.target.com/p/thomas-o-brien-bath-rug-williamsburg-navy/-/A-13507530#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=navy+rug

Unknown said...

That print is lovely and I love, love, love the shower curtain! Can't wait for the reveal!!

Simply LKJ said...

Looks amazing. Don't really notice the stripes in the rugs. I would monogram in white.

Andrea said...

Hang in there, Christine!!! Your bathroom looks incredible!!! I think you are being to hard on yourself. I would monogram in white, and the rugs look great to me... but it's hard to tell through the computer. Sending you virtual hugs!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Preppy Empty Nester said...

It looks great! Love the shower curtain and towels.

Vel Criste said...

Oooh, love that pop of navy in the room!! Can't wait to see it all next week!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You look finished. Love the rugs and the shower curtain. Beautiful colors.

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Looks great! I don't think the stripe is very noticeable in the rugs. I love the shower curtain!
Kristen
www.pursuingvintage.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine